Management of Personal Information
- This Company recognizes that protecting the information of all people who supply Personal Informa tion to this Company (hereinafter “the Principal”) is an important duty of this Company as an enterprise that handles personal information. This Company works to protect Personal Information.
- This Company implements appropriate safety management measures according to laws and regula tions, guidelines and the internal regulations of this Company to prevent leaking, loss, destruction, etc. of Personal Information, and works to protect Personal Information retained by this Company. This Com pany also trains its employees on appropriate handling of Personal Information, etc. and works to fully ensure the protection of this information.
Acquisition and Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- This Company may acquire Personal Information from Users for the provision of this Service.
- This Company acquires Personal Information by appropriate means based on a law-abiding mentali ty. If this Company intends to acquire Personal Information and the Principal will provide the informa tion directly on paper or via the Web, this Company will explicitly disclose the purpose of use of this Personal Information. However, explicit disclosure of the purpose of use may be omitted if the purpose of use is clear from the situation in which the information is provided.
- This Company will use Personal Information within the necessary scope for the purposes stated below.
<List of Types of Acquired Information and Purposes of Use>
- Type of acquired information
- Purpose of use
- ID of Internet service specified by this Company Name
- Provision of this Service
- Provision of information and suggestions relating to this Service
- Requests for participation in surveys, questionnaires, etc. relating to the planning and use of services, and contact after these
- Creation of statistical materials
- If this Company acquires other businesses by merging, separation, handover of business, etc. and has acquired Personal Information, this Company will use this information within the necessary scope in order to fulfil purposes of use to which the Principal consented before the acquisition, or purposes of use that have been reported or announced.
- Personal Information may be acquired or used without prior consent outside of the scope of purposes of use stated above for legal reasons, the protection of a person’s life, safety or property, or to cooperate with a national government organization.
Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
This Company will not provide Personal Information to a third party. This Company will never disclose Users’ Personal Information to advertisers.
Inquiries and Procedures Relating to Disclosure etc. of Personal Information to the Principal
- Refer to “Contact Information for Inquiries Relating to Personal Information” for information on proce dures and contact information in the event that the Principal or an agent for the Principal wishes to view, change or cease use of Personal Information.
- Persons making inquiries may be asked to confirm that they are the Principal or a legitimate agent of the Principal. We ask for your cooperation in these cases.
- Please be aware that requests may not be granted in cases in the following categories.
- If the requester cannot confirm that they are the Principal or a legitimate agent of the Principal.
- If a request is made to disclose, amend, add, delete or cease use of Personal Information data other than that held by this Company (*1).
- If there is a risk that disclosure of Personal Information data held by this Company will endanger the life, property, safety or other rights and interests of the Principal or a third party.
- If there is a risk that disclosure of Personal Information data held by this Company will signifi cantly impede adequate operation of this Company’s business.
- If disclosure of Personal Information data held by this Company will violate other laws or regulations.
- In the case of a request for amendment of or addition to Personal Information data held by this Company, if an amendment is not necessary for the purposes of use or if the requested amend- ment or addition is not factually true.
- In the case of a request for deletion or cessation of use of Personal Information data held by this Company (hereinafter “Cessation of Use, etc.”), if there is not deemed to be a violation of this
- In the case of a request for Cessation of Use, etc. of Personal Information data held by this Company, if Cessation of Use, etc. is difficult and the rights and interests of the Principal can be protected by alternative means.
- Procedures Relating to IDs and Passwords Issued by a Party Other than This Company This Service uses IDs or passwords issued by a party other than this Company. The registered content of these IDs and passwords is not managed by this Company. Please contact the issuer for inquiries.
Requests to Users
- About SSLEncryption technologies using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is used to prevent information theft etc. by a third party during communication when Users provide highly confidential information such as Personal Information via this Website. It may not be possible to use these technologies depending on the User’s computer environment. In this case, please be aware that the User may not use this Service.
- To identify the User’s browser or the User and reduce the work required for authentication.
- To assess usage of the website and email news and make improvements.
- To customize website displays for each User.
- To make advance assessments of the User’s use of services on which Personal Information will be registered and make improvements.
It may not be possible to use some of the features provided by this Website if the User’s browser is set not to receive cookies or is set not to display images while the User uses this Website.
- Use of Log InformationInformation such as the User’s access frequency, error logs, etc. may be acquired while the User uses this Website or this Service. This information is used to assess the User’s use of this Website, to provide the User with better information and to improve this Service.
- Use of Google AnalyticsTo assess the usage situation of this Service, Google Analytics may be used to gather information on the number of times of access and error logs. Personally identifying information is not gathered when using Google Analytics.
Google Analytics Terms of Service
Google’s Policy and Principles
This Company does not accept responsibility for any damages caused by use of the Google Analytics ser- vice.
- Management of IDs and PasswordsThis service identifies individuals using an ID and password held by the User for an Internet service specified by this Company. We therefore request that Users take active measures to protect Personal Informa tion by strictly managing IDs and passwords so that they are not learned by other parties, using a pass word that cannot be easily guessed by another party, such as a combination of letters and numbers, and changing the password frequently.
- Links to Websites Other than This WebsiteLinks to the websites of companies related to this Company or third party companies (hereinafter “Web sites Managed by Third Parties”) are placed in some areas of the Smart Education Labs website to im- prove convenience for the User. Accessing these links may take the Customer away from this Company’s Website. Although the ONE digital consulting or Smart Education Labs logo may be displayed on some parts of the Websites Managed by Third Parties, this Company is not involved in the content posted on the Website Managed by a Third Party and does not accept responsibility for the website’s handling of Personal Information.
Websites Managed by Third Parties may issue cookies, gather data or gather Personal Information ac- cording to their own policies. This Policy does not apply to the handling of information on other, linked websites. Therefore, in the event that a Customer accesses a Website Managed by a Third Party, this Com pany recommends that the Customer read the policies of the Website Managed by a Third Party relating to protection of Personal Information before providing Personal Information.
- Requests to Underage CustomersIn the event that Personal Information is provided to this Company by underage Users, we request that this information is provided with the consent of a caregiver. However, in the EU States, this Service can not be used by persons under 14 years of age. Personal Information therefore cannot be provided by such persons even with the consent of a caregiver. If it becomes known to this Company that Personal Infor- mation has been provided by a child under 14 years of age, the information and the child’s account will be deleted immediately.
This Company may amend this Policy in response to changes to or improvements of the purposes of use, improvements to safety, or amendments of related laws, regulations and rules. We recommend that Customers regularly check this on this Company’s Website, etc.
Contact Center for Inquiries Relating to Personal Information/Contact Information for Complaints and other inquiries from Customers relating to the handling of Personal Information are accepted by email, phone and fax. Refer to “Contact Information for Inquiries Relating to Personal Information” for details.
(*1) Refers to personal data held by this Company for over 6 months with the right to disclose, amend, cease use, etc.
(*2) Refers to identifying information that is sent from a Web server when a browser accesses a website, and sent from the browser to the server when the website is accessed again later.
(*3) Refers to small image files included in the pages of websites that are used to record access to the page.
Established and enforced January 2017